Software Engineer, Applied Machine Learning, Edge TPU
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Python
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working on ML accelerators, or other accelerators such as a GPU or DSP
- Experience with JAX and/or TensorFlow
- Experience with training ML models
- Experience with On-device ML/compute optimization
- Understanding of performance implications of processor architecture from software point of view
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop and optimize ML models for Edge TPU (e.g. Pixel phone).
- Collaborate with ML model optimization teams to develop, enhance, and maintain model exploration tools.
- Collaborate with ML model developers to integrate their authoring and training workflows into the developed tooling.
- Collaborate with teams across Google to enable experiences to effectively utilize the Edge TPU.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?