Product Manager, Cloud Logging, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 2 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, or supply chain networks.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, SaaS, big data, security and privacy, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Cloud Logging provides tools to help Google Cloud customers analyze, troubleshoot, debug, and understand the behavior of their applications, users, and infrastructure running on Cloud infrastructure and services like Kubernetes, App Engine, Netwroking, GCE, and BigQuery.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop and own parts of the product vision, strategy, roadmap, success criteria, and execution for Cloud Logging areas focusing primarily on App development and GKE in particular.
- Define product requirements and detailed specifications for product features.
- Meet regularly with Google Cloud customers to understand their needs and translate them into product specifications.
- Drive adoption and business by partnering with field sales, partner management, and marketing.
- Partner with PMs from other parts of the Google Cloud Platform (GKE in particular) to improve adoption and customer satisfaction, this includes planning of the future integrations, improving user journeys, and value across the products, joint go-to-market initiatives, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?