Customer Engineering Manager, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a people manager in strategy development, leadership engagement, and team development.
- Experience as a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a similar customer-facing role.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required.
- Experience as a customer-facing field engineer.
- Experience in data and information management as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for an audience.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you'll lead a team of Sales Engineers who engage with business prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud services, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the business process.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Organize, train, and equip the Sales Engineering team.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Account team, customer support, product management, customer solutions, and engineering to resolve product problems affecting customer satisfaction.
- Assess team’s Go-To-Market readiness, identify gaps in preparedness, and build plans to ensure the team is trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of business goals.
- Participate in review meetings providing insight into how to best secure the technical opportunity.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?