Software Engineer II, Android Growth
- Experience with the Android platform and ecosystem.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Java and/or Kotlin.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field, or equivalent pratical experience.
About the job
The Android Growth team focuses on entry-to-mid-tier Android smartphones globally (especially emerging markets) to enable affordable devices and create delightful experiences that are locally relevant. Our mission is to accelerate the transition from feature phones to smartphones and bring the best of Google’s products to delight Android users. We also aim to accelerate business growth for Android Partners (OEMs, Telcos, Retailers) and content creators (app/games/books).As a Software Engineer, you will help solve difficult and important technical challenges, such as improving the smartphone experience for entry-to-mid tier Android devices. In this role, you will create ideas for how we can serve relevant and useful information to users, and set goals for how to reimagine the entire online experience. You will help build Android, Google Play products, and collaborate with teams such as Search, Assistant, YouTube, and Payments to create an all-encompassing experience. The role is part of our Africa Development Center.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Build applications and experiences that will make it more customized for entry-to-mid-tier Android devices globally.
- Participate in the software feature lifecycle from start to end and collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience Designers & Researchers who will work with you to develop the user experience.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Review code written by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide on the optimal solution
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?