Security Manager, Data Center
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing technical and non-technical groups to drive business outcomes.
- Experience with security technologies, including CCTV, Access Control, Incident Management Systems, and Security Operations Centers.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Experience in data center and security system elements of design.
- Experience in conducting investigations such as criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- Experience working in active construction sites and providing safety/security countermeasures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
In this role, you will be in charge of managing security vendors and budgeting for security services on location. You will collaborate with other Google business units to implement security policy, investigate violations, and resolve security concerns at the data center. You will manage active security incidents, respond to all critical events, and liaise with public safety.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Be responsible for the compliance, security and risk management program at the data center campus or related infrastructure which includes managing site security incidents, escalations, and all other physical security related issues.
- Support and participate in emergent, event response or crisis management.
- Implement established compliance processes aligned with Compliance, Security, and Risk Management (CSRM) policies, standards, guidelines and relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Manage the security related costs through budget, forecasting and invoice control for the assigned campus, assist management with financial analysis and input to financial decisions for security requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?