Data Center Controls Systems Engineer
- Master's degree in Engineering, Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing controls systems and dynamic modeling.
- 5 years of experience with Machine Learning and construction of algorithms.
- Experience with programming in C, Python, MATLAB, or Shell.
- PhD in Engineering, Science or a related field.
- Experience with modeling/statistical software such as TensorFlow, Simulink, R, or Matlab Machine Learning Toolbox.
- Experience with dynamic system analysis, feedback control systems (PID Control) and optical control.
- Experience with digital signal processing and time-series analysis.
- Experience with optimization, Linear Programming and Convex Optimization.
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Research and develop new algorithms and methods for optimizing data center efficiency and performance.
- Design, validate, and implement controls algorithms to handle electrical and mechanical stability.
- Analyze and recommend approaches to handle dynamics of the electromechanical systems and their interactions within a data center.
- Conduct empirical statistical analysis/modeling on relevant data for use in data center controls.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to implement proposed strategies and algorithms in our technology system. Develop Machine Learning algorithms for pattern recognition and Bayesian and non-linear systems.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?