Customer Engineer, Security, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a technical sales engineering role in security or cloud native environments.
- Experience in cybersecurity (e.g., threat detection, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certification in the Cloud or Security industry.
- Experience in implementing security solutions for enterprises (e.g., threat detection and hunting, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Knowledge of product and solution market trends in the cybersecurity industry (e.g., ransomware, attack frameworks, zero trust, etc.).
- Ability to speak publicly and deliver technical presentations.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, presentation, and active listening skills.
About the job
As a Customer Engineer, you will help us grow our cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with customers. You will be a trusted advisor to customers and an advocate for our security solutions, providing support to c-level, security leaders, architects, and analysts to lead projects forward. You'll accompany customers in discovering the technology/solution and consult around the best way to secure and ensure compliance. You'll optimize for results when in production, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with Security Sales and Google Cloud teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical and compliance objections, and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers.
- Work with all Google Cloud Security products to demonstrate and validate solution benefits in customer and partner environments. Maintain excellent technical knowledge.
- Support Google Cloud Security opportunities and relationships, own technical aspects of solutions, and deliver technical presentations, product and solution briefings, proofs-of-concepts, and demos to customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight our solutions value proposition using techniques including presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management, and response documents.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events, where applicable.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?