Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure, Fitbit
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.
Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and software development in one or more programming languages.
- Experience with software design, architecture, and testing, maintaining, or launching software products.
- Experience developing infrastructure, distributed systems, networks, compute technologies, storage, or hardware architecture.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience in a technical leadership role.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Write and test product or system development code.
- Participate and lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide on available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure style guidelines, code check in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Track product or system issues, debug by analyzing the sources of issues, and review the impact on hardware, network, or service operations/quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?