Resource Manager, Professional Services, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in staffing project teams using internal and external sourcing channels, management consulting, corporate strategy, or equivalent experience
- Experience in resource management or staffing, working with cross-functional stakeholders and leadership
- Experience with capacity planning models
- Experience staffing and forecasting in fractional staffing models
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, products, trends, and market dynamics
- Ability to maintain data integrity within staffing tools that ensures accurate reporting for leadership
- Ability to prioritize workload and ensure project teams are staffed in an effective manner
About the job
This team provides capacity management and workforce strategy to the Professional Services Organization (PSO) in Google Cloud. In this role, you will partner with practice leaders within Google Cloud Professional Services to ensure effective and timely staffing of projects. This will involve setting a regular cadence with demand requesters to ensure understanding of staffing requirements, timelines, and any changes to the requirements through the cycle. You will strategize with practice leaders on the best fulfilment strategy given the requirements of the project. In addition, you’ll identify and program manage strategies to improve forecasting of supply and demand in an effort to best support our growing PSO team.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure those involved in the staffing process are able to collaborate effectively for on time staffing of projects.
- Work with practice leadership to ensure proper fulfillment strategy is in place for upcoming projects.
- Build relationships within the practice to ensure there is alignment around skills, career ambitions, and growth opportunities.
- Ensure forecast accuracy for practice through reviewing weekly forecasts to actuals and following up on variances to continue refinement of the forecast.
- Ensure demand accuracy for practice through weekly calls and updates that allow for an accurate view of demand and where it is at in the staffing lifecycle.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.