Lab Equipment Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in lab equipment support or facilities management.
- Experience in a technical/engineering role (e.g., facilities management, equipment support, engineering/testing) or similar.
- Experience in environmental chamber support and repair, liquid nitrogen systems support, mechanical testing, or network support.
- Knowledge of Good Lab Practices (GLP), enforcing compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and enforcing proper lab etiquette.
- Knowledge of facilities work and capability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to enforce Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and outside contractors.
- Ability to specify and install test equipment and safety equipment.
- Ability to create CAD diagrams for equipment installation.
About the job
As a Lab Equipment Engineering Manager, you will use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to create and accelerate stress conditions on the devices to better predict field performance, study the characteristics of materials, understand failure mechanisms, and understand/prevent safety issues. You will also work closely with Product teams and other cross-functional teams to drive corrective actions within Google and throughout the supply chain.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage the calibrations and maintenance programs globally. Accountable for the playbook/workflow of calibrations and maintenance and for the timeliness of calibrations and maintenance of equipment in the labs.
- Be responsible for construction projects in the United States and act as an advisor, reviewer, and drafter (if needed) for international projects.
- Be responsible for training extended workforce equipment and facilities technicians on Google maintenance processes and help that individual to assist in basic troubleshooting tasks for common equipment.
- Be the first point of contact for REWS, EH&S, GSRS, etc. for the labs group in the United States.
- Develop processes to simplify purchasing, improve accountability, and make work easier; develop inventory management practices and implement workflows for inventory in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?