Firmware Engineer, Modem System Software, Pixel Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Communications/Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in software development with C/C++.
- 3 years of experience in embedded system or firmware development, and deployment for Board Support Packages (BSP), and Linux kernel modules.
- Experience with embedded system development, real-time operating systems (RTOS), and microcontrollers.
- Experience in peripheral component interconnect express (PCIe) specification, PCIe-based system design and development, or system RAM dump analysis, with debugging and simulator skills in TRACE32/JTAG/ETM.
- Experience with PCIe device driver development and debugging.
- Ability to debug firmware issues.
About the job
In this role, the team's mission is to provide the most reliable, scalable and efficient 4G/5G embedded wireless platform with Google's innovative technologies and products. You will work with early hardware prototypes, design next-generation features, and ship consumer hardware.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Design, implement, and test software for embedded development on modems. Develop embedded software frameworks maximizing leverage and scalability across products.
- Create system and developer tools for optimizing performance. Implement and tune algorithms for optimizing performance, power, and thermal metrics.
- Build automated regression test systems to validate features and measure system performance.
- Work with other cross-functional teams to understand requirements and meet compliance/conformance metrics.
- Bringing up new prototype hardware systems.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?