Program Manager, Cost Lead
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- 5 years of experience working in a Project Controls construction role, developing and implementing global standards, processes, and initiatives.
- Experience using Construction Management or Capital Planning best practices.
- Experience in delivering substantial continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience creating visual communication tools to convey complex concepts.
- Experience developing project controls scheduling, cost models, and projections.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will work across a diverse set of stakeholders to understand their needs, evaluate different solutions, and implement a holistic solution. You'll map the proposed processes and data structures into tools to automate reporting, extract efficiency, and have a long-term maintenance model.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Understand and document the challenges across a diverse set of customers and stakeholders. Conduct as-is and to-be assessments of processes, resources, data, tools, and governance.
- Align stakeholders on high-level outcomes and objectives, and define efficient process and data structures, mapping them into tools. Author and maintain a definition library with change control.
- Create tactical plans to address issues and bring the team closer to the desired outcomes. Engage across Program Controls team to identify SME and discuss resource assignments.
- Escalate when needed to maintain trajectory and address misalignment. Communicate status, progress, and sub-program performance.
- Define and manage our approach to capital planning, budgeting, and funding, including operating models.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?