Customer Engineer, Infrastructure Modernization, Google Cloud
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience as a technical consultant, technical pre-sales engineer, enterprise architect, or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in cloud migration, data center migration, disaster recovery, virtualization, application/servers assessment, or discovery.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience with application development technologies, architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, and/or Big Data technologies and containers.
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS (XaaS).
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers, existing customers, and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions, assist architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations, guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization road-map for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.