Principal Architect, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect in either a cloud computing environment or a customer-facing role.
- Experience in promoting industry solutions to enterprise companies.
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments/roadmaps.
- Experience in building, architecting, and designing/implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Experience in enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Knowledge of technology solutions, with the ability to learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to deliver results, work cross-functionally, and engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As part of the Customer Engineering organization in Google Cloud, you will lead cross-functional teams of experts to help customers design, plan, and implement enterprise cloud strategies.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Engage with C-level executives in a trusted advisory capacity, leveraging industry expertise, and technology direction to influence their approach of solving business and technology challenges.
- Introduce solutions based on bespoke or existing global solutions or future innovations at Google Cloud. Own and architect these propositions leading to opportunities and business.
- Own the technical account plan for prioritized/strategic accounts, and assist the C-level executives in these accounts to develop a technology roadmap with Google Cloud through recommendations on enterprise architecture, integration, application infrastructure, analytics, and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML).
- Advocate for Google Cloud at conferences, events, and digital media. Work collaboratively with Customer Engineers, Delivery, Product Management, and Specialist teams.
- Provide the Account team and business leadership with direction and guidance on account strategy and opportunity qualification.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?