Mechanical Engineer, Data Centers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in a design/build environment for mission critical facilities.
- Experience in the design, operation, and commissioning of industrial cooling systems.
- Master's degree and/or Professional Engineering (PE) degree.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, or Bim360.
- Experience in construction management.
- Knowledge of mission critical facility’s mechanical infrastructure systems.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big and unique we can't just buy our hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Our Platforms Team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Mechanical Engineer you design and evaluate our data center systems, identifying product requirements and contributing to research and project planning. From the chip to chiller, you are responsible for designing and optimizing an architecture that will scale with Google's continued growth.
With your technical expertise, you lead and manage projects, develop product and process improvements, provide consultation to others and help facilitate training and development.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved in program level engineering projects and the modification of existing infrastructures. You will provide and prepare all types of documents including engineering reports, design docs, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, drawing markup, budget, schedule, and more.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with the Operation and Design teams to develop data center mechanical designs, starting from project conception to Issue for Construction (IFC) data center project build outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Contribute to new technology insertions through collaboration with the core Engineering teams during development.
- Manage all site-level mechanical system issues during the project design phase, including identifying and resolving issues with the cross-functional program teams.
- Be responsible for the development of site master plans.
- Create system level concept and schematics designs, and carry out detailed designs to ensure requirements are met.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?