Firmware Engineer, Embedded Systems, Pixel Power Optimization
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 2 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Experienced with power management of embedded mobile devices.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to work on additional projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, with your technical expertise, you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop and support software solutions and tools for Pixel power management and power optimization.
- Lead efforts in design, development, and support for advanced power optimization software/firmware for Pixel (Android) Kernel.
- Prioritize optimization for power, latency, and system stability.
- Debug and triage power issues.
- Develop and support test-suits to detect power regression and system stability during power state transitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?