Global Supply Chain Manager, Audio, Consumer Hardware
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, a related engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in global supply chain management within consumer electronics.
- 3 years of experience with electronic commodities of mechanical modules.
- Experience with manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Experience driving the overall ramp readiness with engineering, operations, and supplier teams.
- Ability to influence with data, facts, and case building.
- Excellent communication, sourcing, facilitation, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills in working cross-functionally with engineering and product teams and partnering with suppliers.
- Excellent problem solving skills in ambiguous situations.
- Interest to learn and grow new technologies, different industries, processes, and management systems.
About the job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
In this role, you will work on the custom supply chain for fast-paced consumer devices. You will execute the team’s material acquisition strategy, and work closely with Engineering teams to ensure material and part availability.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop and execute global supply chain strategies and serve as the escalation point for all supplier-related issues in mass production.
- Drive suppliers to ensure material availability and readiness for development builds and mass production.
- Manage supply chain through the whole product life cycle from new product introduction (NPI) to end of process (EoP).
- Work on risk assessment, analysis, and mitigation to supply chain risk associated with product design and process development.
- Work on cost analysis and facilitation, continuously driving cost reduction.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?