Senior Staff Software Engineer, Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.
Remote location(s): Poland.
- Experience in technical leadership managing multiple teams and guiding the technical direction of projects.
- Experience with coding in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience as a technical influencer for distributed system designs.
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments.
- Experience interfacing and integrating across multiple engineering areas and groups.
- Experience working on cloud IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS products.
- Experience delivering complex, large-scale, and critical products with business impact.
About the job
Google's Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products handle information at scale, and extend well beyond web search. In this role, you will bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile, and the list is growing every day.You'll be a visionary, execution-focused technical leader that helps shape the future of cloud computing and helps us expand effort exponentially. When working on Google Cloud, you will be building cutting edge cloud technology that is already powering a number of the biggest, innovative companies, customers of Google Cloud worldwide.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work on a rapidly growing project on emerging container-based technologies.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving Google Cloud customer problems and translate these ideas into technical designs.
- Provide technical leadership and solve difficult problems (work on design, implementation, and productionization).
- Be a coder applying the best industry standards for code health, scalability and robustness, and mentoring more junior Software Engineers.
- Collaborate with technical leaders working on shaping the Google Cloud Platform within Google and within the open source community worldwide, contribute to product and project strategy, roadmap definition, and requirements gathering.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?