Staff Software Engineer, Anthos UI Infra
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with full stack distributed systems.
- Experience working as a technical lead for a team, including providing mentorship, driving cross-team collaboration and providing technical leadership.
- Experience delivering complex, large-scale and critical products with business impact.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Angular, Java, Kubernetes, Cloud, TypeScript, Leadership, Full-Stack Development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups.
About the job
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will own UI product development for Kubernetes-related products. You will work on UI products for Kubernetes, GKE, Anthos, and others. We are engineers that form a center of excellence of UI engineering for our organization and we work with partners to ship products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead a team of engineers implementing solutions for other engineering teams building Cloud console UIs using Java, GraphQL, Angular, TypeScript, and other technologies.
- Design best practices to model product domains and implement view models in GraphQL. Provide technical mentorship and evaluate designs of engineers on the team.
- Provide input on API design and implement scalable, reliable, and performant backends.
- Work with engineers, UX designers, and PMs to understand product needs.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?