Senior Software Engineer, Embedded, Display Safety
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- 3 years of experience with embedded software development.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with one or more of the following technical domains: Graphics, Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenCL Camera, video and audio systems, technologies, virtualization tech and VirtIO Networking software development, systems, or applications.
- Experience developing Android OS framework components and building APIs.
- Experience with Automotive Software Stacks.
About the job
The Android Automotive OS team’s mission is to provide a safe and seamless connected experience in every car. We are making this a reality by providing an exceptional embedded platform for applications and services that brings cars into the global Android ecosystem. In particular, we aim to shift the automotive industry from traditional one-time feature deployment to continuous delivery of software applications and services.
Modern cars are rapidly transforming into full-fledged connected computers on wheels with increased compute power, neural network accelerators, cameras, sensors, and wireless connectivity. Software-defined vehicles will depend on interconnected services that preserve privacy, safety, and security. Android platform technologies such as virtualization and networking are key to enabling all of these goals.
Automotive industry executives say there will be more change in their business in the next 5 years than they have seen in the last 50 years.
The Android Auto team collaborates with vehicle manufacturers to develop and deliver on this massive opportunity, building on a proven embedded platform to create a leading Assistant-powered, navigation, entertainment, and communication vehicle system, which will be delivered to specialized people-moving devices.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Help Android Automotive OS take on all display use cases, including Instrument Clusters.
- Work with a team of Engineers focused on developing novel Android system software and related technologies for cars.
- Learn and develop expertise in automotive technologies as they relate to Software-Defined Vehicles (SDV), connected cars, and service-oriented architectures.
- Work closely with the Android Automotive OS and Android Mobile teams to extend and improve the platform for Auto users and applications.
- Develop software in Rust, Kotlin, Java, C++, and other languages as needed to add features to the Android system software.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?