Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Google Cloud
- 6 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures or Unix/Linux systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration.
- Experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in distributed systems, storage systems, or databases.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in MySQL or Postgres SQL in database.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership, with systematic problem-solving approach.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google Cloud's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to customer's needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance.
Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Google Cloud, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design. SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide scalable, reliable, durable, and secure global database services for external Google Cloud customers and internal users. We help build highly reliable database services using a customer-first approach while innovating technically. You will understand our customer's needs and how we can meet them.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Establish a SRE site and help build an effective, inclusive SRE team.
- Provide technical leadership for the local team and work closely with partner team technical leads and cloud leadership.
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing availability and performance of mission critical services, building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Manage execution of project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Google's services.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?