Program Manager III, Climate Operations, Carbon Reduction Strategy
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience in carbon reduction efforts, and GHG standards and accounting, or climate science, with a focus in Scope 3/supplier emissions.
- Experience in building and executing strategies for sustainability or environmental programs, with a focus on carbon reduction.
- Experience with the top carbon accounting frameworks (e.g., Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Scope 2 and Scope 3 Guidance) and the top Net Zero frameworks (e.g., SBTi, ERI, IPCC).
- Experience with data collection, data management, and data-driven communication.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager for Carbon Reduction you will be responsible for leading carbon reduction efforts across the company and our value chain. This includes coordinating and working with all operational and supply chain teams that are driving carbon reduction efforts across scope 1, 2, and 3, as well as leading ideation and incubation of new programs. You will manage the coordination across key internal stakeholders to define needs and identify solutions and will ultimately be responsible for driving measurable success in reducing Google’s Greenhouse Gas emissions.
The Google Climate Operations team is responsible for ensuring Google achieves 24/7 Carbon-Free Energy and Net Zero emissions for our global operations and value chain by 2030. The team works cross-functionally across our global operations and hardware supply chains to develop and scale new solutions on energy and carbon. It also leads efforts to create the external market environments necessary to drive decarbonization in a way that facilitates these goals and enables others to do so as well.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop short- and long-term carbon reduction scenarios, planning, and goals. Track progress against such plans and proactively propose mitigation or correction actions as needed.
- Drive alignment of stakeholders on appropriate and cross-functional reduction efforts. Lead cross-functional carbon reduction and net zero planning forums/working groups, with an initial focus on scope 3 emissions.
- Partner with internal carbon reduction teams and external partners to identify, assess, and incubate new emissions reduction technologies and levers.
- Develop templates and supporting materials for carbon reduction teams across Alphabet to support their roadmaps.
- Ensure consistency and quality for annual and long-term goals and metrics for carbon reduction teams across Alphabet. Collaborate with partner teams on standard, reporting, and methodology development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?