Technical Program Manager, Cellular System Validation
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
- 7 years of experience in Technical Program Management.
- Experience in testing with the mobile phone domain.
- Experience in 5G/4G log analysis and debug issues from field tests.
- Experience in 5G (FR2/FR1), 4G Modem, or Telephony.
- Experience in 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and driving cellular field testing projects across multiple product areas and distributed sites, with competing resources and priorities.
- Knowledge of 5G/4G to drive field functional/performance and Carrier test.
- Ability to influence, collaborate, deliver solutions in a complex and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, stakeholder management, project management, data analysis, and communication skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Lead and manage cellular system validation for field test activity in various markets across Australia.
- Analyze the 5G/4G logs from field test in Australia and identify keys issues and work with Test/Software team to resolve it.
- Summarize the 5G R15/R16 carrier features, analyze data, and manage bug reporting to drive and secure the Pixel modem quality, from modem/Telephony perspective.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects and products attainable within a given timeline.
- Identify opportunities for field automation and manage development of field automation tools/processes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?