Systems Development Engineer, United States Government, Google Cloud
- 3 years of experience in field deployment, implementation, or system design for service providers or enterprise workloads.
- Experience with troubleshooting across Linux and kubernetes based architecture.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information security clearance with polygraph.
- Experience administering cloud services or container based applications or workloads.
- Understanding of Kubenertes or other container orchestration products.
- Ability to design secure, well-architected systems based on customer requirements.
- Ability to analyze situations or problems at the system level or from a broader perspective.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent partner management, follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
As a Systems Development Engineering (SDE), you will manage services and systems at scale. SDEs automate the mundane, reduce toil, and emphasize the development of tools and solutions that fix classes of problems. The Systems Development Engineer will also mentor junior team members to enhance their technical knowledge and skills.
In this role, you will be part of a team of engineers that provides support to United States Government customers and will participate in scheduled on-call rotations for timely issue resolution. You will develop cloud infrastructure and service based solutions that will bring Google Cloud's Infrastructure and Services closer to where data is being generated and consumed.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews. Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation. Evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on service operations and quality.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.