Senior Antenna Design Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience designing consumer electronics antennas, including prototyping/testing and debug.
- Experience using RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, etc) and anechoic chambers.
- Experience in delivering cellular design to production which includes an active tuner.
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Experience with 5G tablets or phones.
- Familiar with full-wave 3D EM simulation tools (CST preferred).
- Familiarity with OTA regulatory (e.g. FCC, IC, CE, Carrier, SAR, and etc.) and conformance requirements for the above wireless systems.
- Knowledge of antenna fundamentals and radiation theory, with an understanding of RF circuit design fundamentals and communication systems, especially 5G, GNSS, WLAN, Bluetooth, 802.15.4.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will design and build the systems and develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. With your technical expertise, you will lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Develop 5G cellular and WIFI antenna architecture for tablets with RF, mechanical, industrial design and PCB layout engineers.
- Design antennas for compact consumer electronics with high performance and manufacturability.
- Create and drive OTA factory test plans/stations for mass production. Conduct FA on OTA failures. Test antenna and wireless over-the-air (OTA) performance.
- Produce and clearly communicate all OTA performance and progress information to relevant audiences, from engineers and project managers to executives.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.