Customer Engineer, Corporate, Google Cloud
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Boulder, CO, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in a sales engineering or customer-facing role
- Experience with cloud-native architectures including compute, network, storage, security, and modern application development practices
- Experience with modern application and infrastructure development practices including DevOps, CI/CD, and infrastructure as code
- Experience with containers and associated technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, serverless architectures, and microservices
- Experience with data analytics, machine learning, and AI
- Experience in various database and data warehouse technologies including RDBMS, NoSQL, and Big Data
- Experience with cloud-native networking (VPCs), security practices, and Linux-based operating systems
- Deep understanding of Google Cloud Platform and/or other cloud computing platforms
About the job
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. In this role, you will help prospective, existing customers, and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks. You will also be part of a diverse team working in an environment of respect and inclusion where we promote equal opportunities to succeed.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $97,000-$142,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions leveraging a sophisticated set of technical competencies.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud and travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.