Vice President, Site Reliability Engineering, Consumer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in Software Engineering, and web services or mobile client software.
- 5 years of experience in Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Experience with system design, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design, or in Unix/Linux systems, IP networking, performance, and application issues.
- Experience with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage.
- Ability to discuss strategy with Google’s executive team.
About the job
As the Vice President of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) for Workspace, YouTube, Platforms and Ecosystems, Devices and Services, you will think about how to solve common problems to enable consistency in the experience of our users, and enable further growth of the various Google businesses.
Each of the Consumer Platforms groups has an organizational structure led by a lead that will report into the Vice President Site Reliability Engineering, Consumer (i.e., Google Workspace, YouTube, Platforms and Ecosystems, Devices and Services). As our systems become consumer platforms globally, many need to scale to better serve Enterprise use-cases, all while sustaining users.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary for this full-time position is $550,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage, innovate, and create programs, new software, analytics that drive improvements to the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Google’s products or services.
- Work cross-functionally in partnership with product area leads to guide product engineering to build reliable and durable production systems.
- Develop strategic directions, workforce plans, and organizational structure for the reliability teams within each product group.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and overall strategy of Google’s SRE organization.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.