Program Manager, Mobile, Pixel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience working with mobile technologies and software-hardware integration (e.g., operating systems, applications, frameworks or devices).
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience in one or more of the following: mobile hardware or Android software development, testing or release processes, product-oriented program management, development and improvement of internal tools for use by developers/engineers.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead large-scale Pixel device distribution to software engineers and test populations globally.
- Forecast Pixel Software Engineering and test device distribution demand vs. available distribution capacity and mitigate risks.
- Partner with Pixel Software Device Technical Program Managers and Trusted Tester Technical Program Managers to prioritize distribution from factory to end-recipients.
- Partner with Consumer Hardware (CHW) and Android Partner Engineering (APE) device distribution centers to accelerate device delivery.
- Track and improve Pixel software distribution Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including device distribution velocity, inventory levels, and user satisfaction.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.