Technical Program Manager Lead, Android
- Experience in Technical Program Management.
- Experience in People Management and Agile Project Management.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders.
- Experience working with mobile feature development.
- Experience with the software development life-cycle, managing software projects, and working with product teams across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to produce documents that communicate strategy, status, scope, timelines, task planning, action items, risks, issues, project dependencies, or test planning.
- Ability to effectively improve team health and cohesion, especially across time zones.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Drive cross-team engagements for programs associated with the Platform, including owning compliance.
- Manage criteria, resource allocation and delivery of features with quality, velocity and reliability.
- Execute, deliver and create new processes for sub-workstreams and projects, including managing complex project schedules, removing roadblocks and keeping processes running smoothly.
- Use leadership, influence and a data driven approach to manage risks and identify issues.
- Work effectively across multiple timezones. Manage and execute a robust communication plan for progress and risks to a complex web of executive stakeholders.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.