Data Center Technician
- Experience in Hardware, Networking Equipment, Operating Systems, and Data Center Operations.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting hardware or network related issues using Linux based tools.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Understanding of intermediate OS, PC hardware, networking concepts, tools, and protocols.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with people and teams to overcome challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Maintain and troubleshoot data center operations within the hardware, networking, and software fields.
- Deploy data center-related technology. Work with the various stakeholders.
- Participate in or lead local project teams on installations and develop project contingency plans.
- Deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.