Senior Consultant, Mandiant, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Toronto, ON, Canada; Waterloo, ON, Canada.
Remote location(s): Ontario, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in three of the following security areas: network, web application/mobile, cloud, social developing, scripting, tool development.
- 4 years of experiences with techniques and tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing.
- Certifications related to offensive security including OSCE, OSEP, OSEE, OSCP, CCSAS, CCT INF or relevant SANS courses.
- Experience in four or more of the following: network protocols, threat intelligence analysis, system and network administration, project management, developing applications, technical incident response processes, source code review, reverse developing.
- Experience implementing or assessing information security implementation or assessment of security controls.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
About the job
In this role, you will be responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services and support to our clients, including assessing and advising clients on both technical and process-based controls for all manner of environments. You will perform Red and Purple Team assessments, including end-to-end adversarial emulation of cyber attacks against customer organizations, and other technical cyber assessments including external penetration, web application, mobile and wireless security testing. You will expand the team’s capabilities through tool creation, research on offensive techniques, incorporation of threat actor intelligence, internal presentations and knowledge share.
You will also develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences, and act as a trusted advisor to c-level, security leaders and other customer stakeholders. You will assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading teams for engagements from kickoff through remediation phase, as well as mentor other staff and have to travel up to 20% of the time, as required.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Perform red and purple team assessments (with and without industry regulatory oversight), assumed breach assessments (red team engagements with a pre-deployed implant), ransomware readiness reviews (assessing susceptibility to modern ransomware threats), threat analysis and social-developing assessments.
- Conduct external/internal/wireless network assessments, web and mobile application testing, and embedded system assessments.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences. Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures. Lead engagements from a technical standpoint and work closely with project managers to ensure timely delivery.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.