Technical Program Manager III, Google Cloud, Software Engineering
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Bellevue, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- 5 years of experience in cloud computing emerging technologies or related technical fields.
- Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 5 years of experience in Software Engineering, Software Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Big Data and Analytics, or Cloud Networking.
- Experience working across a distributed, and highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, QA, Product Managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead several technical programs for the Google Cloud Business, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.