Product Quality Engineer, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in Hardware Quality in server, PC, networking device, consumer electronics, automotive, or other commercial/industrial products.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in quality engineering of server or other cloud technology.
- Familiarity with IPC standards for PCBA (e.g. IPC-A-610), performing PCBA production line audits, and with analysis tools like JMP, mini-tab.
- Solid database query (e.g. SQL) and data analytics skills for field data analysis, creating actionable insights from raw data.
- Ability to speak and write in Thai or Mandarin fluently.
About the job
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead and manage the product hardware quality for Data center hardware infrastructure through out the product lifecycle, including qualification through manufacturing test and data center deployment, life cycle management and change management, additional supplier/production site and line qualification, to ensure consistent quality meets Google standard.
- Provide technical leadership, set priorities, and drive resolution of complex technical issues for a robust product quality and predictable field deployment.
- Analyze manufacturing and field quality/reliability data to extract actionable insights and areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Initiate, drive and implement innovative product, process, tools development/improvement projects, independently and in a cross-functional environment.
- Monitor, review, and present product performance data and metrics to stakeholders in a concise and clear way that enables data-driven decision making.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.