Financial Analyst, Android
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, a related quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a similar role.
- Experience in manipulating data sets using SQL or a programming/scripting language.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Experience using SQL or other data analytic tools to extract and manipulate data delivered through dashboards.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships, work in a fast-moving environment, and drive operational initiatives.
- Ability to influence different levels of an organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
In this role, you will help devise, assess, and optimize go-to-market programs with our critical partners. You will also collaborate with and support our business development and operations teams on a variety of initiatives.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Support processes such as monthly forecast, reporting/variance analysis, data validations, accruals, accounting pre-close, and annual planning. Drive business impact through analysis.
- Partner across Android to generate business reporting, provide insights into variance analyses, and cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders in Android and Finance.
- Apply expertise across tools and financial systems to troubleshoot, execute data pulls and loads, create easy-to-understand financial models with large datasets, and partner with the FP&A and relevant systems teams.
- Drive, identify, and execute process improvements and training related to reporting operating expenses.
- Address a variety of process requests and day-to-day questions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.