Financial Analyst, Devices and Services
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, other quantitative field (e.g., Math, Physics, Engineering), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in finance, strategy and operations, sales operations, go-to-market, management consulting, or in a financial or analytical role.
- Experience in the Hardware, Retail, or Carrier industries.
- Experience identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring the success of initiatives.
- Experience coding with SAP, SQL, or similar language.
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, focusing on cost structure management within the consumer hardware industry.
- Ability to take initiative, be organized, strategic, detail oriented, multitask, apply creativity, and work in an ambiguous, evolving environment.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in one of Google’s fastest growing businesses. As part of the EMEA Devices and Services Business Finance team, you will be responsible for managing many of the core Finance processes that enables the day-to-day running of the EMEA Devices and Services business, including P&L management reporting, spend approvals, budget management, and forecasting. You will partner closely with the EMEA business, sales ops, controllership, and central BI/data teams.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Be responsible for managing the core Finance processes in EMEA including monthly financial reporting, pricing and spend approvals, agreement reviews, month end close activities, and variance reporting.
- Streamline financial processes to drive efficiencies for Finance and Sales teams, including developing tools and data infrastructure as needed.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to improve existing reporting infrastructure and be a thought partner on Reporting for the future.
- Be a thought leader on how we transform and scale processes and ways of working for the future, including influencing the global system roadmap.
- Be the EMEA lead on all Global system transitions and data infrastructure launches, ensuring regional requirements are met.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.