Finance Manager, Technical Infrastructure
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related function.
- Experience building, developing, and leading a team.
- Proven success in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to communicate complicated analysis, logic, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving and excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Excellent business partnering, influencing, and presentation skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Excellent at working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to address big picture challenges.
You are both a manager and a mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team the support they need to become financial experts. You'll keep management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
Technical Infrastructure (TI) is the foundation of Google - the global data centers, networks and integrating hardware and software that powers both our unique customer products and services and our internal operations.
In this leadership role, you will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function that provides financial and analytical insights and business planning support to the Technical Infrastructure team. You will dissect complex problems, deliver insights, and help leaders throughout the business make critical strategic and operational decisions and strike the right balance with risk management and controls.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $155,000-$238,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Oversee TI Capital Expenditure with strong emphasis on Machine Learning (ML) investments; Partner with TI, ML Core, ML Core Finance, Cloud Finance and Corp to evaluate and quantify multi-year investment decisions, assess supply constraints, align key stakeholders to plan of record and proactively identify areas for efficient use of scarce resources.
- Be knowledgeable of TI (operations/financials), cross-functional stakeholders, key supply chain concepts and investment analysis.
- Build rigorous analytical tools and business assets to measure business results, key success metrics, and financial performance.
- Oversee a development agenda, including developing critical competencies, utilizing effective goal setting, promoting the leadership learning process facilitating functional and technical skill building.
- Drive recommendation for investment prioritization and decisions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.