Field Sales Representative, Public Sector Defense, Cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Sales or Business Development roles.
- Experience selling infrastructure software, databases, analytical tools, applications software, or cloud solutions.
- Experience working with and managing partners in implementation projects including global system integrator and packaged software vendors.
- Experience with large commercial and legal negotiations, working with procurement, legal and business teams.
- Experience in the Public Sector within the Defense/Military departments.
- Ability to work with sales engineers and customer’s technical leads to inventory existing software estate, define migration plans, and build business cases for migrations.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will be working with our Public Sector accounts. You’ll leverage existing relationships with C-level executives, develop new relationships and act as a trusted business partner to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will promote the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, collaborative, and mobile.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Build and deepen executive relationships with public sector customers. Influence long-term strategic direction and serve as a business partner.
- Negotiate and manage entire cycle, often presenting to C-level executives in public sector customers.
- Lead account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with Customer Engineers and Google Partners in order to optimize business results in territory and open up opportunities with large public sector customers.
- Understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans and business drivers, technology strategy and competitive landscape.
- Drive business development, forecast accurately and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire business cycle.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.