Program Manager III, Capacity Delivery and Inventory Planning
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- MBA or Master's degree in Business Process Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related disciplines.
- Supply Chain certification.
- Experience in planning materials for new product launches and transitions, and using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems and tools.
- Experience with data analytics, SQL, and BigQuery.
- Experience in development and implementation of planning systems and processes.
- Knowledge of financial and cost accounting practices, and sales and operations planning processes.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will be responsible for the data center equipment supply planning for sustaining and new products, interpretation of the data center demand signal, translating it to a supply and inventory plan for equipment, and driving optimal planning decisions. You will work closely with a variety of internal teams to develop and oversee the execution of an accurate supply and inventory plan through the product life cycle. You will establish and drive metrics, drive process and system improvements to accomplish efficiency and scalability goals, and influence our rapidly growing data center infrastructure supply chain.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage material supply, including inventory, to meet existing and new product demand requirements to meet business goals, coordinating with Demand Planning on changes to demand which impacts delivery of key components as demand needs fluctuate.
- Communicate sustaining and new product material plans and status to internal customers proactively.
- Identify and quickly solve supply chain gaps and inefficiencies, clearly document process solutions and requirements, and define and manage clear business metrics and goals to manage supply chain performance.
- Leverage market intelligence and statistical inputs towards driving continued, sustained improvements of inventory models and supply chain buffers.
- Develop short and long term supply models to minimize total costs and inventories while maintaining service levels, and develop and justify inventory buffer strategies that optimize cost and flexibility.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.