Test Engineer III, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in specialized testing such as production testing, system integration testing, etc.
- 1 year of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Utilize and/or develop automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Develop test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategy. Conduct test plan reviews with engineers within one or multiple teams.
- Define the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Participate in product design review with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.