Technical Operations Site Lead
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Pennsylvania, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience developing supply chain in manufacturing and test, working with ODMs, contract manufacturers, and component suppliers.
- Experience in technical product and program roles in data mining, data visualization, and statistical analysis.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or Physics.
- 10 years of experience at a company developing supply chains (e.g. manufacturing and test) for data center infrastructure equipment.
- Experience working with ODMs, contract manufacturers, and suppliers to drive defect reduction efforts.
- Experience with SQL, Python, or scripting.
About the job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Own new product introduction and scaling of capacity to meet launch schedules and forecasted demand, acting as a technical liaison between teams.
- Represent Google to contract manufacturers and provide subject matter expertise for both the product and end to end process.
- Set and oversee critical factory and product performance metrics and facilitate initiatives in support of meeting or exceeding goals, delivering frequent/real time technical updates to the remote team.
- Measure factory performance and identify opportunities to improve.
- Work with Quality Engineers to establish product quality and reliability goals, validating product qualification plans and reliability testing to ensure product health is maintained.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.