Head of Social Science
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Portland, OR, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- 10 years of experience in social marketing.
- 10 years of experience in data analysis.
- Experience with AI, data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis.
- Experience with social media platforms and how they work.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a high number of stakeholders.
- Ability to produce executive-friendly mass communication.
- High attention to detail, and increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
About the job
As the Head of Social Science, you will lead a Social Science team that merges a deep understanding of the science behind how social platforms, networks, and communities work and why with the latest in AI technologies to identify deep social insights, finding opportunities to train and apply AI models for ongoing applications of social marketing. You will drive real-time actionable optimization for increased performance on all social and influencer marketing efforts.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Be an expert on the latest developments in AI models, how they can be applied in social marketing, and how to measure the impact on the business.
- Merge the understanding of social behaviors within social communities with the application of new and custom AI models to advance our understanding of consumer conversation, content generation, and trend identification, putting the power in marketers.
- Lead a team (or partners) who can implement the use of AI models (data capture, cleaning, storage, AI application, APIs, UI, etc.).
- Understand the evolution of social platforms to keep our approaches current based on data proving outcomes.
- Rethink how we measure ROI on business objectives and show how Brand and social/influencers impacts our business OKRs from both a direct attribution lens and an incrementality lens, which requires data infrastructure and modeling.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.