Software Engineering Manager II, Corporate Engineering
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role, overseeing projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
At Corp Eng, we build world-leading business solutions that scale a more helpful Google for everyone. As Google’s IT organization, we provide end-to-end solutions for organizations across Google. With an inclusive mindset, we deliver the right tools, platforms, and experiences for all Googlers as they create more helpful products and services for everyone. In the simplest terms, we are Google for Googlers.
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the organization's goals. Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams.
- Discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching. Set expectations with individuals based on the level and role aligned to the organization's goals.
- Develop the technical goal and roadmap within the scope of the teams. Develop the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs.
- Design and guide systems designs and write product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.