Deals Revenue Recognition Lead, Cloud Finance
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or CA certification.
- 10 years of experience in Controllership, Finance, public accounting, or high-tech organizations.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Experience in the areas of agreement review process improvement, business system implementation, project management, and quality control.
- Experience in Google sheets, data analysis, SQL, or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently, articulate technical accounting guidance to non-technical audiences, and conduct technical accounting research and document findings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities with commitment to excellence, and ethical standards and integrity.
- Collaborative style and ability to work with cross-functional and international teams at all levels.
- Excellent work ethic and verbal/written communication skills.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
You'll lead an accounting process from end-to-end. Other responsibilities include reconciling balance sheets and P&L accounts, and providing supplementary financial information for internal and external reports.
The Revenue Deals team supports the Google Cloud Business Finance team with the review and documentation of non-standard accounting terms on contracts executed with customers. Our team is tasked with providing value added feedbacks to structure agreement terms that maximize the business and gross profit for the cloud business. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in finance, business, sales, legal, and operations during agreement discussions. You will participate in supporting the cloud finance team in monthly accounting.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $142,000-$219,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Represent the Google Cloud Business Finance team and manage review and approval of Google Cloud business agreements, ensuring appropriate business recognition in accordance with ASC 606. Provide technical accounting and business recognition advice to cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Ensure Technical Business Accounting assessment and documentation is prepared in high quality and within critical timelines for all in scope agreements.
- Maintain effective SOX Controls, monitor for financial reporting risk, and suggest modification to processes to mitigate identified risk.
- Work closely with Accounting and Systems Operations teams to set up scalable and repeatable processes to ensure appropriate business recognition for Google Cloud business agreements. Help manage workflows and team members which comprise of employees and vendors.
- Partner with Pricing, Finance, Accounting Operations, and other business groups to drive process improvements for the Google Cloud agreement review.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.