Senior Strategy and Operations Manager, Cloud Partner Marketing
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in strategy consulting, marketing strategy, and operations and planning.
- 5 years of experience in project management.
- Master's degree.
- 5 years of experience in people management.
- Experience in building, inspiring, and leading diverse and high-performing teams.
- Experience in mentoring peers and teammates on problem solving projects.
- Experience in partner ecosystems and cloud marketing motions.
- Excellent executive stakeholder management and leadership skills.
About the job
Strategy and Operations (S&O) professionals in Google’s Marketing organization provide business critical insights and analytics, ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and help teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. Whether you are embedded within a specific marketing team to use insights to enable better marketing decisions or the global S&O function to equip the organization to succeed at scale, you will engage with Google leadership in order to establish Marketing’s strategic direction. You will manage planning and operational processes and work cross-functionally with key partners across Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering to solve our toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational excellence within Marketing.
To be successful in this role, you have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, effective quantitative and communication skills, and the ability to take on broad-reaching and ambiguous questions while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with Googlers of all levels.
The Cloud Marketing Strategy and Operations team is looking for people who understand the power of our products and how they impact businesses, can develop the end-to-end strategy and execute seamless operations across global, regional, and local market structures.As a Senior Manager, you will lead the Partner Marketing Strategy and Operations function, develop and own business/operations/execution focused strategic initiatives, represent partner marketing in Cloud Marketing’s Annual Planning process, support overall rhythm of business and be partner marketing’s connection across global and regional marketing leaders.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $158,000-$242,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work cross-functionally across central and regional partner Marketing, Finance, and Sales teams to develop Google Cloud Marketing’s partner strategy and operational structure.
- Monitor performance of partner marketing business, develop forward looking strategic perspectives, and implement key business decisions aligned to Cloud Marketing’s overall strategy.
- Propose, coordinate, and cascade strategic priorities and align partner marketing budget to identify priorities/investment initiatives through annual planning process.
- Manage partner marketing’s look-back performance, identify priorities and changes needed for upcoming month/quarter including interlocks with other marketing functions and businesses.
- Manage executive stakeholders across eight global and regional partner marketing areas and represent partner marketing across various cadences.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.