Apigee Customer Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
- Experience in a Technical Customer Engineering role in a cloud computing environment or similar customer facing role.
- Experience working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Familiarity with middleware and cloud technologies like NOSQL datastores, Google Cloud, and Mobile app development.
- Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers around deployment topologies, scaling, performance, and sizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with Account Executives aligning the technical requirements and solution design with the customer's business drivers. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Develop presentations and demos with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process and turn them into a happy customer.
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities and engage customers to address aspects of the integration and API Management.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and RFI response documents.
- Lead technical projects/activities such as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.