Engagement Manager, Google Cloud Consulting
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Beijing, China; Shanghai, China; Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in customer-facing roles, interfacing with executive stakeholders, driving, managing, and delivering IT technical implementations, transformation programs, or other initiatives.
- Experience supporting enterprise customers in cloud professional services organizations, IT consulting, or program management organizations.
- Experience in value consulting, proposal development, and execution with public cloud providers.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-parties to deliver and manage implementation of high-impact solutions.
- Ability to present complex information to partner executives and colleagues in a clear manner.
- Excellent written communication, project management, and stakeholder management skills, with a focus on facilitating and delivering successful projects with partners.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently.
About the job
Our Google Cloud Consulting (GCC) in Google Cloud delivers product, strategy, and implementation expertise to our strategic customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments. As a Google Cloud Engagement Manager, you will work directly with our customers to provide strategic roadmaps, business guidance, project oversight, and process excellence for customer engagements while working with client executives and key technical leaders to deploy solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
You will support Sales teams in the positioning of PSO engagements for key accounts, present projects to customers, and establish change management processes for active engagements. You will be aligned with the regional business structure and foster relationships between Sales and PSO. In this role, you will own the collection of regional projects, the portfolio of accounts that map to PSO, the management and delivery success of engagements, and the overall financial success of the region you support. You will work closely with Google's partners servicing customer accounts to manage projects, deliver consulting services, and best practices.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Interact with Sales/Partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for appropriate solutions. Be the Professional Services Organization (PSO) point-of-contact for regional sales teams.
- Manage the portfolio of accounts that map to the team. Own the financial health of the collection of projects that are delivered by PSO.
- Execute on engagement management responsibilities including coordinating scoping and staffing activities, and overseeing delivery in a timeline during consulting engagement.
- Manage regional PSO pipeline and bookings tracking. Own the regional financials for all consulting engagements.
- Develop partner strategy for regional PSO teams. Manage all partner subcontracting and partner management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.