Strategic Partnership Development Manager, Smart Home
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Miami, FL, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work experience in business development, partnerships, sales, management consulting, or investment banking in any of the following industries: Hardware, Software, Platform, and Technology.
- Experience working with Product, Engineering, and Legal to negotiate technology or product partnerships.
- Master's or JD.
- Experience in using analytical insight and employing thoughtful structures to solve problems and communicate solutions.
- Experience with escalating and presenting key issues and recommendations to leadership.
- Ability to grasp complex technical and product concepts.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, collaborative, and ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to formulate and articulate business and financial data with partners as well as internal Google teams.
About the job
Our Devices and Services (D&S) team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices and Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage a set of partners by cultivating, developing, and maintaining strong direct relationships.
- Execute on partner integrations, product launches, and complex go-to-market plans.
- Lead complex, cross-functional deals with partners, through close collaboration with Product and other cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Legal, Operations, Finance) and global/regional Business Development teams.
- Collaborate with Product teams to design product roadmaps, launch and incubate new product features with partners, improve existing product offerings, and identify new product-enabling partnership opportunities.
- Develop and present strategic recommendations to leadership around growth, ecosystem initiatives, and competitive dynamics.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.