Cloud Engineer, AI/ML
This role will be remote until October 2022 or when the Google office in Pune opens, (whichever is earlier). After this, you will be required to work from the Google Pune office.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Gurugram, Haryana, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India; Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience building Machine Learning or Data Science solutions.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, software design and writing software in Python, Scala, R, or similar.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Experience with core Data Science techniques.
- Experience working with recommendation engines, data pipelines or distributed machine learning, and with data analytics, data visualization techniques and software, and deep learning frameworks.
- Experience in software development, professional services, solution engineering and technical consulting, including expertise in architecting and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools, and environments.
- Knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems, and content delivery networks.
- Effective customer-facing communication and listening skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Engineer, you'll play a key role in ensuring that strategic customers have the best experience moving to the Google Cloud Machine Learning (ML) suite of products. In this role, you will design and implement machine learning solutions for customer use cases, leveraging core Google products. You'll work with customers to identify opportunities to transform their business with machine learning, and will travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops designed to educate and empower customers to realize the full potential of Google Cloud. Additionally, you will have access to Google’s technology to monitor application performance, debug and troubleshoot product code, and address customer and partner needs. You will lead the timely execution of adopting the Google Cloud Platform solutions to the customer’s requirements.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Deliver effective big data and machine learning solutions and solve complex technical customer challenges.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to Google’s most strategic customers.
- Identify new product features and feature gaps, provide guidance on existing product challenges, and collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to influence the roadmap of Google Cloud Platform.
- Deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.