Engineering Project Specialist, Pixel Ecosystem Products
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with CMs/vendors, providing guidance and driving results within hardware development life-cycle.
- 3 years of experience with program management in hardware development.
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers (CM) in Asia.
- Understanding of hardware Bill of Materials (BOM) structures and change control concepts.
- Knowledge of hardware development and manufacturing processes, vendor relations.
- Ability to manage complex spreadsheets and coordinate across cross-functional team and job functions.
- Ability to prioritize while working on multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent people management, problem-solving, written/verbal and organizational skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As an Engineering Project Specialist, you will work closely with the Product and Engineering Program Management teams to bring hardware products to production. You will ensure engineering requirements are captured and built into configurations throughout development.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Manage the New Product Introduction (NPI) product Build Matrix, tracking material readiness, engineering parallel paths and investigations, and product configurations.
- Support hardware development builds and manage the build documentations.
- Manage product allocation and delivery schedules, ensure timely distribution to all product groups, and update device tracking tool.
- Be responsible for development Purchase Order (PO) creation, communication with Google and CM finance teams, Invoice review, and final Invoice approval.
- Support system or sustain work as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.