Adoption Engineer, Security, Google Cloud
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 5 years of experience working with operationalizing cyber threat intelligence, security operations, SIEM, or SOAR.
- 3 years of experience in security content creation (published journals, articles, videos, training, blogs, etc.).
- Experience in digital content creation and curation, including copyediting and audio/video recording and editing.
- Holds a Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), or Certified Internal Auditor certification or related experience.
- Experience contributing to research communities, such as published papers, presenting at conferences, and public code contributions.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SIEM/XDR/analytics, SOAR, cloud security, threat intelligence, offensive+defensive security (purple teaming).
- Programming skills and literacy in a language such as Python or Go.
About the job
As an Adoption Engineer you'll advocate for our security practitioner customers by creating, publishing, and promoting content that shows how to solve real cybersecurity problems using the Google Cloud Security and Mandiant product portfolios. You'll focus on engaging with the blue team community to promote security best practices and how practitioners can achieve them with Google as their partner. Also, you will serve as the advocate of the customer, representing the security analyst/engineer point of view to our product and engineering teams.The Adoption Engineering team helps customers succeed with our products by identifying advanced use cases and making them accessible to customers of all sizes and across industry verticals. Our scalable content takes many forms and is delivered through various channels, such as workshops, demos, blogs, detections/search content, internal enablement, tooling, customer presentations, conference talks, and more. You will focus primarily on digital content creation/curation with the goal of pragmatically producing technical content for scale distribution via social media and various online communities.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify and create repeatable adoption content including workshops, demos, blogs, tooling, etc.
- Package, publish, and promote existing content through various channels such as user communities, blogs, training platforms, and industry events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with product and engineering teams, serving as the advocate of the practitioner and assisting in guiding new features as they come to market.
- Assist with the technical enablement of internal teams such as customer success, professional services, and technical sales.
- Assist with strategic escalations from customers, prospects, and partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.